Pimoroni LiPo SHIM
Having a discrete, slick, and tidy power supply is always tricky when taking a project on the go...but get ready to roam the earth worry free with the tiny little Pimoroni LiPo Shim! It aims to give you the most compact power supply possible for all versions of Raspberry Pi.
You can either solder the 0.8mm thick PCB directly to the bottom of your GPIO header for a permanent solution or solder on the provided 2x6 0.1" female header which will allow you to remove your LiPo Shim at any time (but will block the GPIO pins).
It uses the TPS61232 Step-Up Boost Converter from Texas Instruments which offers up to 96% efficiency. The board includes power on and battery low indicator LEDs. During shutdown (due to undervoltage or external selection) the quiescent current is just 15uA sip.
Please note: This is not a charger, you will need a separate charger to keep your LiPo/LiIon batteries juiced up! We recommend using our Micro Lipo to top up your battery.
Kit includes: LiPo SHIM, Rubber foot, 2x6 0.1" female headerNeed a battery? Check out all of the LiPo and LiIon batteries we offer right here!
- 0.8mm thick PCB
- Shaped to sit as low as possible on the Raspberry Pi 3, 2, Zero, A+, B+
- 2-pole JST connector ideal for most LiPo/LiIon batteries
- Power and low battery LED indicators
- Supplies up to 1.5A continuous current
- Low battery warning at 3.4V (assets GPIO #4 high)
- Automatic shutdown at 3.0V to protect your battery
- VBAT+, GND, and EN pins available to break out
- 15uA quiescent current
- As of Nov 15, 2017 the name has changed to LiPo SHIM and there is now a 2x6 pin header
Product Dimensions: 40.4mm x 22.2mm x 6.5mm / 1.6" x 0.9" x 0.3"
Product Weight: 2.6g / 0.1oz