Assembled Adafruit Feather HUZZAH with ESP8266 With Headers
Product Images and Video
Feather is the flagship development board from Adafruit, and like its namesake, it is thin, light, and lets you fly! We designed Feather to be a new standard for portable microcontroller cores.
This is the Assembled Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 with headers - our take on an 'all-in-one' ESP8266 WiFi development board with built-in USB and battery charging and ready to go immediately! It's an ESP8266 WiFi module with all the extras you need, ready to rock! We have other boards in the Feather family, check'em out here.
At the Feather HUZZAH's heart is an ESP8266 WiFi microcontroller clocked at 80 MHz and at 3.3V logic. This microcontroller contains a Tensilica chip core as well as a full WiFi stack. You can program the microcontroller using the Arduino IDE for an easy-to-run Internet of Things core. We wired up a USB-Serial chip that an upload code at a blistering 921600 baud for fast development time. It also has auto-reset so no noodling with pins and reset button pressings.
To make it easy to use for portable projects, we added a connector for any of our 3.7V Lithium polymer batteries and built-in battery charging. You don't need a battery, it will run just fine straight from the micro USB connector. But, if you do have a battery, you can take it on the go, then plug in the USB to recharge. The Feather will automatically switch over to USB power when it's available.
Here's some handy specs!
- Measures 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.28" (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
- Light as a (large?) feather - 9.7 grams
- ESP8266 v1.1 @ 80MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 4MB of FLASH (32 MBit)
- Built in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- CP2104 USB-Serial converter onboard with 921600 max baudrate for uploading
- Auto-reset support for getting into bootload mode before firmware upload
- 9 x GPIO pins - can also be used as I2C and SPI
- 1 x analog inputs 1.0V max
- Built-in 100mA LiPoly charger with charging status indicator LED, can also cut a trace to disable the charger
- Pin #0 red LED for general purpose blinking. Pin #2 blue LED for bootloading debug & general purpose blinking
- Power/enable pin
- 4 mounting holes
- Reset button
Comes fully assembled and tested, with a USB interface that lets you quickly use it with the Arduino IDE or NodeMCU Lua (it comes preprogrammed with the Lua interpreter). This version of the board has also been pre-soldered, so you can plug it right into a solderless breadboard. Click here for the un-soldered version. Lipoly battery and USB cable not included (but we do have lots of options in the shop if you'd like!)
Check out our tutorial for all sorts of details, including schematics, files, IDE instructions, power management, and more!
- 23mm x 51mm x 18mm / 0.9" x 2" x 0.71"
- Weight: 8g
Digi-Key ElectronicsUnited States
Mouser ElectronicsUnited States
NTREX, Inc.- DevicemartSouth Korea
The Pi HutUnited Kingdom
Electrokit Sweden ABSweden
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.