Microsoft Azure IoT Starter Kit w/ Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi
Product Images and Video
In collaboration with Microsoft, Adafruit's releasing IoT Starter Kits with boards, sensors, and components that are 'Azure Certified for IoT.'
Azure is Microsoft's cloud solution for IoT projects. Azure is a comprehensive and flexible program from the Microsoft team that they're extending into the open source hardware world. This starter kit includes a pre-soldered Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi with stacking headers, a FeatherWing OLED, and some sensors and components to get you started on your IoT journey.
Feather is a development board from Adafruit that, like its namesake, is thin, light and lets you fly. We designed Feather to be a new standard for portable microcontroller cores.
The Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi with ATWINC1500 is our take on an 'all-in-one' Arduino compatible and high speed, reliable WiFi board with built in USB and battery charging. The FeatherWing OLED adds a 128x32 monochrome OLED plus 3-user buttons to the main Feather Board.
Please note: Azure is a paid IoT service, you will be charged for usage. For non-production usage, keep track of the billing & make sure that you shut off any running services if you're not using them.
You can also DIY your own t-shirt - as seen in the Microsoft /Build Keynote with our flexible matrix!
This kit includes:
- 1x Assembled Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi w/ Feather Stacking Headers
- 1x FeatherWing OLED - 128x32 OLED Add-on
- 1x Assembled BME280 I2C or SPI Temperature/Humidity/Pressure Sensor
- 1x Micro Servo
- 1x PIR (motion) Sensor
- 1x Fast Vibration Switch
- 1x Magnetic Contact Switch (door sensor)
- 1x Full-sized Breadboard
- 1x Assembled TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor
- 1x Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6"
- 1x Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 3"
- 1x USB Cable - A/Micro B
Component bag containing:
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
- 1x Breadboard Trim Potentiometer 10K
- 1x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 1x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 Ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 1x Piezo Buzzer
- 1x Photo Cell Light Sensor
- 1x Diffused RGB (tri-color) LED
- 1x Breadboard-friendly SPDT Slide Switch
Revision History: As of April 18th, 2016 this product is no longer shipping with a Lithium Ion Battery. You can add one to this product separately.