Ethernet Shield for Arduino - W5500 Chipset
Product Images and Video
The W5500 Ethernet Shield for Arduino from Seeed Studio is a great way to set up your projects with internet connectivity with just a single chip. Similar to the Arduino Ethernet Shield, but with a newer chipset, this ethernet shield supports both TCP and IP Protocols in TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4, ARP, IGMP, and PPoE format. The RJ45 ethernet port is also low enough so you can stack another shield on top of it
The board includes a microSD card holder and has a working voltage of 5V. It also requires an Arduino to use - either Uno or Mega - to use. To learn more about this ethernet shield, check out the Seeedstudio Wiki.
We recommend the original Ethernet library, it now comes with W5500-chip support! Some examples may try to initialize the SD card after the Ethernet chip, we recommend doing it in opposite order - get the SD card initialized first (some cards seem to care about this)
Note this product does not have PoE support, but you can add it by the addition of a PoE splitter. We have a version that provides 5V at 2.4 Amp max into a micro USB connector just check that your Arduino-compatible can be powered over a micro USB connection!
- Supports Hardwired TCP/IP Protocols : TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4, ARP, IGMP, PPPoE
- Supports 8 independent sockets simultaneously
- Supports Power down mode
- Supports Wake on LAN over UDP
- Supports High Speed Serial Peripheral Interface(SPI MODE 0, 3)
- Internal 32Kbytes Memory for TX/RX Buffers
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY embedded
- Supports Auto Negotiation (Full and half duplex, 10 and 100* based )
- Not supports IP Fragmentation
- 3.3V operation with 5V I/O signal tolerance
- LED outputs (Full/Half duplex, Link, Speed, Active)
- Micro-SD card socket
- Grove connector for I2C and UART
For additional product support, check out SeeedStudio's How to Help Yourself page and/or the forum, the base of their Technical Support Team. They prefer to share their technical support at the Forum in order to share all knowledge with the whole community, but you may also email them at [email protected]
Product Dimensions: 71.0mm x 53.0mm x 23.0mm / 2.8" x 2.1" x 0.9"
Product Weight: 25.0g / 0.9oz