Pi Foundation Display - 7" Touchscreen Display for Raspberry Pi
Product Images and Video
The 7” Touchscreen Display for Raspberry Pi gives users the ability to create all-in-one, integrated projects such as tablets, infotainment systems and embedded projects!
The 800x480 display connects via an adapter board which handles power and signal conversion. Only two connections to the Pi are required; power from the Pi’s GPIO port and a ribbon cable that connects to the DSI port present on all Raspberry Pi’s. Touchscreen drivers with support for 10-finger touch and an on-screen keyboard will be integrated into the latest Raspbian OS for full functionality without a physical keyboard or mouse.
- Truly Interactive - the latest software drivers will support a virtual ‘on screen’ keyboard, so there is no need to plug in a keyboard and mouse.
- Make your own Internet of Things devices including a visual display. Simply connect your Raspberry Pi, develop a Python script to interact with the display, and you’re ready to create your own home automation devices with touch screen capability.
- A range of educational software and programs available on the Raspberry Pi will be touch enabled, making learning and programming easier on the Raspberry Pi.
- 7” Touchscreen Display
- Adapter Board
- DSI Ribbon cable
- 4 x stand-offs and screws (used to mount the adapter board and Raspberry Pi board to the back of the display)
- 4 x jumper wires (used to connect the power from the Adapter Board and the GPIO pins on the Pi so the 2Amp power is shared across both units)
Note: Raspberry Pi and power supply are NOT included! Compatible with Raspberry Pi4, Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, Raspberry Pi 2, Model B+, and Model A+. The display will technically work with the Model A and Model B boards (connecting it to the DSI port on the Pi board), however, the mounting holes on the back of the display will only line up with the newer board designs (A+, B+, Pi 2, and Pi 3).
- Screen Dimensions: 194mm x 110mm x 20mm (including standoffs)
- Viewable screen size: 155mm x 86mm
- Screen Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- 10 finger capacitive touch.
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi board using a ribbon cable connected to the DSI port.
- Adapter board is used to power the display and convert the parallel signals from the display to the serial (DSI) port on the Raspberry Pi.
- Will require the latest version of Raspbian OS to operate correctly.