Pimoroni Picade Cabinet Kit - PIM468
Product Images and Video
The Pimoroni Picade Cabinet is a stylish, retro, and fun arcade cabinet for your Raspberry Pi!
The Picade Cabinet comes in kit form for you to build at home. All parts, panels, and components are included - you just need to supply the Raspberry Pi and power adapter. We highly recommend using a Raspberry Pi 3 as the extra processing power gives great performance in many emulators.
This is the desktop arcade cabinet version of the Pimoroni Picade. We also carry a console controller version which doesn't have a screen or cabinet and just the Picade X Hat PCB on its own.
The panels are powder-coated in black so the end result feels like a finished, quality product. The chassis makes a great sounding-board for the included speakers, you can't fake that retro sound.
Total build time is around one to two hours and full instructions are available online. The only tools you'll need are a cross-head (Phillips/pozi) screwdriver and a small flat-head for the Picade PCB screw terminals.
Please note: RetroPie is the best known operating system for Picade, and the developers are working on support for Raspberry Pi 4. Check their website for the latest supported OS.
- Assembled Dimensions
- Height: 31.1cm / 12.25"
- Depth: 22.8cm / 9"
- Width: 22.2cm / 8.75"
- Black powder-coated cabinet panels
- Picade X Hat (Arduino compatible with mono 3W amplifier) pre-loaded with the Picade software.
- LCD panel mount with protective overlay
- 8" LCD panel and driver board
- 3" speaker (5W, 4Ω)
- Attractive decals for the marquee and controls
- HDMI, audio, and USB cables
- A proper arcade joystick
- Ten micro-switch arcade buttons
- Custom assembled wiring looms
- All other fixings, fasteners, nuts, and bolts
- Picade enamel pin badge
- Pimoroni super sticker collection
- Picade poster/assembly instructions
- As of October 9, 2019 we are selling the updated version of the Picade Cabinet Kit. It includes the new USB-C version of the Picade X HAT, new display and display driver board, dedicated power button, and easier access to the interior of the cabinet.