Powerswitch tail 2
Product Images and Video
The Power Switch Tail II is a smart alternative to slicing apart power cords to wire up your own relays. Its a compact 120V 3-pronged extension cord, with a relay board embedded in the middle. Connect to the relay using two screw terminals and activate by providing a 3 to 12V signal (3mA current draw at 3V, 30mA at 12V). The relay can switch 15 Amp resistive loads such as heaters, small skillets, lights, etc. An LED indicator above the terminals will help you with debugging.
Ideal for people making their own controllable lights, SMT reflow plates, boilers or heaters, coffee roasters, home automation projects, etc.
New! The Power Switch Tail II now is opto-isolated so you don't need a transistor or protection diode. The input acts like an LED so its safe for use with any microcontroller or logic pin.
Please note, this is a safer alternative to wiring up your own relays but still requires common sense and knowledge of electrical circuits. Stay within the rated limit of the relay and de-rate properly when not using resistive loads. Do not leave DIY electrical projects unattended or where they can get wet! This product is intended to be used by advanced hobbyists who are comfortable working with power supplies.
- AC input: NEMA 5-15P Plug, standard 120vac with ground.
- AC output: NEMA 5-15R Receptacle, standard 120vac with ground.
- Switching capacity: 15amps @ 120vac.
- Life expectancy: 100,000 operations @ 15 amps, 125vac, resistive
- DC input: 3vdc (3ma) to 12vdv (30ma), terminal block accepts #30-14 AWG wire.
- Operate times: 15 ms max actuate, 10 ms max release.
- DC to ac circuit isolation: 5300Vrms.
- Indicator: LED indicates when dc side is energized.
- Protection: AC side protected with 150vac MOV; DC side is transient free.
- Mounting: Two #6 screws on 2" x 2.5" grid.