Graphic ST7565 Positive LCD (128x64) with RGB backlight + extras - ST7565
This graphical display looks great, costs less! The dark gray pixels are visible in daylight, and there's also a full RGB LED backlight, which you can control with PWM to make any color you can imagine.
Four mounting holes and a blank 11 pin 2mm-pitch labeled breakout on the side - we just soldered some wire to each hole as shown in the photos, its very easy. (The LCDs have no wires soldered in when we ship them)
Bonus! We're including a free 4050 level shifter chip so that you can safely use it with your favorite 5V microcontroller
- Lower cost than KS0108 LCDs
- Serial interface uses only 4 or 5 digital pins
- Low power, full-color RGB LED backlight
- Visible in daylight without backlight
- Works perfectly with 3V logic
- 3.3v power and logic means a level converter is needed for 5V Arduinos (we include this part when purchasing from us)
- Microcontroller must buffer display - uses 1Kb of RAM. This means you must upgrade to a ATmega328 if you are using an Arduino with a '8 or '168
For a more detailed tutorial, including how to wire up the display with a 4050, see our writeup at http://www.ladyada.net/learn/lcd/st7565.html
We have C code and an Arduino library ready to go (we suggest reading the above tutorial too!)
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...-
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.