AstroBox pack - Includes Raspberry Pi 2, Model B
Slice, store, and print your 3D files from any web enabled device with the AstroBox pack!
AstroPrint is free, open source software for wirelessly managing 3D printers. It features a mobile friendly user interface that works across multiple devices and screen resolutions. This pack will have you wirelessly interfacing with your 3D printer in no time!
The AstroBox makes 3D printing easier to manage, eliminating the need for SD cards or manually controlling via USB. Astroprint also works in the cloud, so you can manage prints anywhere through a web browser! The SD card included in this pack is already flashed with the AstroBox software image so you're ready to rock.
With your Raspberry Pi turned off, put in the AstroBox SD card and WiFi module and then follow these instructions:
- Plug in
- Plug the power in on your Box. You do NOT need a monitor, keyboard, or mouse.
- Boot up
- Using any WiFi enabled device search your available WiFi networks. The AstroBox will create a network called "astrobox." Connect to that WiFi network.
- Open the browser of your choice (Chrome and Firefox are our favorites) and connect to http://10.10.0.1
- Get started
- Follow the prompts in the setup wizard to finish your set up
- Click here for a video walkthrough of this step
Now you're cooking with gas!
The AstroPrint platform and the AstroBox software were built upon the work of numerous open source contributors and projects. For more information please visit AstroPrint. The AstroBox software included in this product was built on the popular 3D Printing project Octoprint. The code is open source project and can be found on GitHub.
- Plug in
This pack contains:
- 1 x 5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 20AWG 6' MicroUSB Cable
- 1 x USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module: For Raspberry Pi and more
- 1 x Pi Model B+ / Pi 2 Case Base - Red
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Model B+ / Pi 2 Case Lid - Red
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 2 - Model B - ARMv7 with 1G RAM
- 1 x Astroprint - Sticker!
- 1 x AstroPrint 3D Printing Software for Raspberry Pi - Micro SD card