Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Starter Pack - Includes a Raspberry Pi 2
Why not trick out your fresh new board with some accessories? The Pi 2 is a big deal - a big, big deal. It has an upgraded ARMv7 multicore procssor and a full Gigabyte of RAM - meaning you're going to see ~2x the performance on processor-upgrade only and 4x on average for mutliple-core procssors. That's up to like 7.5x increase in speed without taking into account the 1 Gig of RAM.
Should you be excited? Yes. Should you be so excited that you forget everything you need to get started? No.
We've hand chosen these accessories as the perfect accompaniment to your new Raspberry Pi 2 - Model B. It's everything you need to get going with a high quality power supply, NOOBS 2.0 SD card (newly updated to work on the Pi 2), case, WiFi adapter, console cable, and lots of prototyping essentials. It's a great jumping off point for the rest of our extensive accessory and pack collection.
This pack comes with a single Raspberry Pi 2 Computer!
This pack contains:
- Raspberry Pi 2 - Model B - ARMv7 with 1G RAM - The EVEN FRESHER freshness. The hot off the press, sell-like-hotcake, credit card sized computer with quad USB ports, quad-core ARMv7, 1G RAM.
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ Case - Smoke Base / Clear Top - We think it's the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Case Ever - though our Pi Box Plus is also nothing to scoff at.
- Adafruit Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus - This is the soldered together version of our popular Pi Cobbler Plus Kit. Comes with a breakout board that's perfect for cobbling prototypes as well as a 40-pin GPIO cable for your Pi's pins.
- Full Size Breadboard - In the past, we've used the half-size breadboard for a lot of Pi projects - but no longer! WIth 40 pins to break out, you're going to need some space - and that's why we're including a full size breadboard in this pack.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6" (150mm) - These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- USB to TTL Serial Cable - An old standby, this cable's pretty much the easiest way to connect your Raspberry Pi to a USB port to log into the debugging/login console. Ideal for running the Pi 'headless'
- USB WiFi Module - Give your Rasp Pi the Internet with this USB port WiFi module, this module is compact but has great range and is plenty fast.
- 8GB SD Card with full PIXEL desktop NOOBS - v2.4 - an 8GB card with NOOBS already installed so you can get right to it.
- 5V 2.5A Switching Power Supply w/ 6' MicroUSB Cable - The 5V 2.5A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord.
- Embroidered Raspberry Pi Badge - Now that you're getting started, show off your Pi Pride with this beautifully embroidered, jewel toned, iron-on badge.
- BONUS PARTS! Everyone loves bonuses so we include some parts that will get you through some of the tutorials on the Adafruit Learning System. These include:
- 1x Photo Cell
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 1x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor - 1.0uF
- 1x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 1x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
Here's a good introduction to the Pi 2 and a few more learn guides that are worth checking out to start. While they're for the Model B, they will all apply to the Raspberry Pi Model B+ and the Raspberry Pi 2.