The Othermill Pro is a portable, precise milling machine that allows you to create 2D and 3D objects out of durable materials, such as wood, metal, and plastic, using digital designs. It's one of Lady Ada's favorite tools, and we use one at the Adafruit factory every single day to prototype new designs, create testers, and experiment with fun new materials
This product is USA only.
No assembly required! The Othermill Pro includes the tools and materials you need to get started cutting 3D objects right away.
Note: As of Tuesday, November 1st 2016, we are now selling the Other Mill Pro!
The Othermill Pro Includes:
- Othermill Pro
- External power supply
- IEC Type B Power cable
- USB 2.0 cable
- Othermill Tool Kit -
- Wrench, small, for tool changing×1
- Wrench, large, for tool changing×1
- Collet, ER-11, 1/8"×1
- Belts, replacement×5
- Othermill alignment jig×1
- Screws, M3 x 8 mm, for jig×3
- Allen Wrench, 2 mm, for jig×1
- End mill, flat, 1/32"×1
- End mill, flat, 1/64"×1
- Way lube packet×1
- Bit fans×2
- Hello World Starter Kit -
- FR-1 printed circuit board (PCB) blank, single-sided×3
- Resistor, 47 ohm×2
- LED, 3 mm, white×2
- Coin-cell battery, 3V, CR 2032×1
- Coin-cell battery holder×1
- Tape, double-sided×1
Othermill Pro works with the following materials (All materials listed here are merely a sampling of what can be used on the Othermill Pro):
- Machining Wax (High speed, regular)
- Speed: Fast
- Hardness: Soft
- PCBs (Single and double-sided)
- Speed: Medium
- Hardness: Medium
- Wood (Birch, Plywood, Maple, Pine, Cedar, FIr)
- Plastics (HDPE, PVC, Acrylic, Delrin)
- Light Metal (Brass, copper, aluminum)
- Speed: Slow
- Hardness: Varies
The included Otherplan software imports your designs in familiar formats — Vector graphics (.svg), Eagle (.brd), Gerber, and G-code. You can even download and cut millions of free vector graphic designs that are online. Create finished products in minutes!
Features of Otherplan include:
- Windows support: Windows users rejoice! Otherplan Public Beta works on Windows 7 and higher, as well as Mac OS X 10.9 and higher.
- 3D Cut Preview which simulates your milling job and shows you the results before you even turn on your Othermill.
- Time Estimates
- Support for tool changes in G-code: Otherplan now supports tool change commands in G-code files. You can now import the file and choose your tools. When it's time to change tools, Otherplan will pause your job and allow you to change the tool.
- Upgraded Performance: Rewritten to be faster, more responsive, and seamlessly run on multiple platforms.
One of the great things about milling is that you can get all different styles of cuts by using different tools. Here is a list of some of Other Machine's favorites, but you can use any tool with a 1/8" shaft.
- Warning! Do not use the following materials with your Othermill: Glass, FR-4 (fiberglass) PCBs (use FR-1 only), ceramics, harder stone, wood with high-pitch content, and softer rubber products.