Trinket M0 Powered NeoPixel Goggle Kit Pack
Product Images and Video
One of the most popular Trinket projects now has its own kit pack! Make your very own programmable NeoPixel goggles with 2 x 16 LED rings and an Adafruit Trinket. It even comes with a rechargeable LiPoly battery and charger. It's a great easy build and when you're done you'll have the coolest accessory.
Follow along with our popular Kaleidoscope Eyes tutorial. The pack contains almost everything you need to put a pair of NeoPixel Rings in our costume goggles and power them with an Adafruit Trinket M0. The LED rings fit perfectly inside 50mm round goggles and we include a 3.7v 150mAh battery and and Micro Lipo charger so you can run the battery and charge it all while contained in the goggles themselves.
These are fairly easy to put together and should take around an hour to make. You'll need some basic soldering and hand tools to install the JST connector on the bottom side of the Trinket and connect your NeoPixel rings. We don't include a soldering iron or solder but sell them in the Adafruit store and you can find epoxy or hot glue at most hardware/craft stores. The soldering is easy and is possible to do by beginners, its a 1-2 hour project (30 minutes if you are a kit-making expert!) Check the tutorial page to see what you'll need to complete the project!
As of March 26, 2021 - We've upgraded this kit from a Trinket to Trinket M0 - which means you can now program your goggles in Circuit Python as well as Arduino!
You'll also need a classic USB Micro B cable to program the Trinket, we don't include it as people tend to have too many USB cables in their desk drawer, but if you need one, you can get it from us here.
Please note! They look great, but we don't recommend putting the goggles over your eyes when they're all lit up since the lights can be bright and the goggle lenses can be hard to see out of. However, the goggles work great for costumes/accessories when they're put on top of your forehead!
- As of June 28, 2023 - This kit now come with the updated NeoPixel ring with SKC6812-based LEDs. They are the same brightness, color, and protocol.
- As of March 26, 2021 - We've upgraded this kit from a Trinket to Trinket M0 - which means you can now program your goggles in Circuit Python as well as Arduino!
This pack includes:
- 6" inches of Rainbow Ribbon Cable
- 1x Adafruit Trinket M0
- 1x Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 150mAh
- 1x Adafruit Micro Lipo - USB LiIon/LiPoly charger - v1
- 1x JST-PH 2-Pin SMT Right Angle Connector
- 2x NeoPixel Ring - 16 x 5050 RGB LED with Integrated Drivers
- 1x Costume Goggles