5V 2.5A Switching Power Supply with 20AWG MicroUSB Cable
Product Images and Video
Our all-in-one 5V 2.5 Amp + MicroUSB cable power adapter is the perfect choice for powering single-board computers like Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, or anything else that's power-hungry!
This adapter was specifically designed to provide 5.25V, not 5V, but we still call it a 5V USB adapter. We did this on purpose to solve a problem that occurs often with USB-powered gadgets: they draw so much current that the resistance of the cable causes a voltage drop, so instead of 5V, the device sees 4.75V or so. To avoid this problem, we made the adapter 5.25V and the USB cable has extra-beefy 20AWG wires! This way, even at a full 2.5 Amp draw, the voltage at the end won't be lower than about 4.9V
This high-quality power adapter is FCC, CE and UL listed and can use 110 or 240 VAC input so it works in any country. The plugs are "US 2-prong" style so you may need a plug adapter - but you can pick one up at any hardware store for $1 or so.
The cool part of this cable is that it terminates with a microUSB connector which makes it perfect for use with the 4-USB Port Raspberry Pi B+.
- 73mm x 43mm x 27mm (2.9in x 1.6in x 1.1in)
- Cable Length: at least 1.5m (5') - may be 6'
- Cable Diameter: 3.5mm (0.125in)
- Plug type: Micro USB
- Input: 110V-220V AC
- Output: 5V DC up to 2.5 A
- As of July 16, 2018 we are now shipping an updated 5.25V 2.5A version of this power supply.
- As of March 22, 2016 we are now shipping an updated 5.25V 2.4A version of this power supply.