Adafruit Micro-Lipo Charger for LiPo/LiIon Batt w/MicroUSB Jack - v1
Product Images and Video
Oh so handy, this little lipo charger is so small and easy to use you can keep it on your desk or mount it easily into any project! Simply plug it via any MicroUSB cable into a USB port and a 3.7V/4.2V lithium polymer or lithium ion rechargeable battery into the JST plug on the other end. There are two LEDs - one red and one green. While charging, the red LED is lit. When the battery is fully charged and ready for use, the green LED turns on. Seriously, it could not get more easy.
For use with Adafruit LiPoly/LiIon batteries only! Other batteries may have different voltage, chemistry, polarity or pinout. Lipo/Lipoly/LiIon Batteries not included, but we've got tons in the shop.
Charging is performed in three stages: first a preconditioning charge, then a constant-current fast charge and finally a constant-voltage trickle charge to keep the battery topped-up. The charge current is 100mA by default, so it will work with any size battery and USB port. If you want you can easily change it over to 500mA mode by soldering closed the jumper on the front, for when you'll only be charging batteries with 500mAh size or larger.
- Comes assembled and tested with a free bonus JST cable!
- 5V input via Micro-B USB connector
- For charging single Lithium Ion/Lithium Polymer 3.7/4.2v batteries (not for older 3.6/4.1v cells)
- 100mA charge current, adjustable to 500mA by soldering a jumper closed
- As of October, 2022 - this sensor breakout may come with black or tan JST connectors - they work the same!
- Dimensions: 21mm x 19mm x 2mm / 0.8" x 0.75" x 0.08"
- We are currently shipping with a half thickness (0.8mm) PCB
- Height w/ JST: 7mm x 0.3"
- Weight: 2g
- Datasheets, PCB CAD files, and Fritzing objects available in the tutorial
Mouser ElectronicsUnited States
Optimus Digital SRLRomania
The Pi HutUnited Kingdom
3DMakerWorld, Inc.United States
Electrokit Sweden ABSweden
Digi-Key ElectronicsUnited States
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.