Standard LCD 16x2 + extras - white on blue
Product Images and Video
Standard HD44780 LCDs are useful for creating standalone projects.
- 16 characters wide, 2 rows
- White text on blue background
- Connection port is 0.1" pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Pins are documented on the back of the LCD to assist in wiring it up
- Single LED backlight included can be dimmed easily with a resistor or PWM and uses much less power than LCD with EL (electroluminescent) backlights
- Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines! (Any analog/digital pins can be used)
- Built in character set supports English/Japanese text, see the HD44780 datasheet for the full character set
- Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or 'foreign' language support
- Comes with necessary contrast potentiometer and strip of header
For more information, check out our detailed step-by-step tutorial for both Arduino & CircuitPython
- Note: LCD PCB may come in blue or green.
- PCB Dimensions: 36mm x 80.6mm x 1mm / 1.4" x 3.2" x 0.04"
- Screen Dimensions: 24mm x 69mm / 0.9" x 2.7"
- Height (pcb+screen): 8.4mm / 0.33"
Mouser ElectronicsUnited States
Digi-Key ElectronicsUnited States
The Pi HutUnited Kingdom
Little Bird ElectronicsAustralia
NTREX, Inc.- DevicemartSouth Korea
3DMakerWorld, Inc.United States
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.