MCP9808 High Accuracy I2C Temperature Sensor Breakout Board
Product Images and Video
This I2C digital temperature sensor is one of the more accurate/precise we've ever seen, with a typical accuracy of ±0.25°C over the sensor's -40°C to +125°C range and precision of +0.0625°C. They work great with any microcontroller using standard i2c. There are 3 address pins so you can connect up to 8 to a single I2C bus without address collisions. Best of all, a wide voltage range makes it usable with 2.7V to 5.5V logic!
Unlike the DS18B20, this sensor does not come in through-hole package so we placed this small sensor on a breakout board PCB for easy use. The PCB includes mounting holes, and pull down resistors for the 3 address pins. We even wrote a lovely little tutorial and library that will work with Arduino or CircuitPython. You'll be up and running in 15 minutes or less.
Some quick specs:
- Simple I2C control
- Up to 8 on a single I2C bus with adjustable address pins
- 0.25°C typical precision over -40°C to 125°C range (0.5°C guaranteed max from -20°C to 100°C)
- 0.0625°C resolution
- 2.7V to 5.5V power and logic voltage range
- Operating Current: 200 μA (typical)
- Sensing Temperature: -40ºC ~ 125ºC
- Accuracy: 0.25ºC typical
- Voltage - Supply: 2.7V ~ 5.5V
- Operating Temperature: -40ºC ~ 125ºC
- Uses any I2C address from 0x18 thru 0x1F
- Datasheets, Fritzing object, PCB CAD files and more in the tutorial
- 21mm x 13mm x 2mm / 0.8" x 0.5" x 0.08"
- Weight: 0.9g
- As of August 30, 2023 - we've updated this PCB with Adafruit Pinguin to make a lovely and legible silkscreen - You may get the new PCB or the older version with vector fonts - both are identical other than the fancy silkscreen.
Nano Tech ElementsCanada
3DMakerWorld, Inc.United States
BOTLAND B. DERKACZ SP.K.Poland
BOTLAND B. DERKACZ SP.K.Czech Republic
BOTLAND B. DERKACZ SP.K.Germany
Digi-Key ElectronicsUnited States
The Pi HutUnited Kingdom
Mouser ElectronicsUnited States
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.