Analog Output K-Type Thermocouple Amplifier - AD8495 Breakout
Product Images and Video
Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference. We have a couple digital thermocouple amplifiers in the shop already from Maxim. Now we're happy to introduce an excellent analog-output amplifier. This is a very simple sensor to use, and if your microcontroller has analog input capability, you'll be ready to go really fast!
The AD8495 K-type thermocouple amplifier from Analog Devices is so easy to use, we documented the whole thing on the back of the tiny PCB. Power the board with 3-18VDC and measure the output voltage on the OUT pin. You can easily convert the voltage to temperature with the following equation: Temperature = (Vout - 1.25) / 0.005 V. So for example, if the voltage is 1.5VDC, the temperature is (1.5 - 1.25) / 0.005 = 50°C
Each order comes with a 2 pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple), a fully assembled PCB with the AD8495 + TLVH431 1.25V precision voltage reference, and pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard). Goes great with our 1m K-type thermocouple (not included). Not for use with any other kind of thermocouple, K type only!
- Works with any K type thermocouple
- Uses the AD8495ARMZ part number (A graded chip)
- Will not work with any other kind of thermocouple other than K type
- Easy to use analog output
- Temp range with 5V power: -250°C to +750°C output (0 to 5VDC) as long as the thermocouple can handle that range
- Temp range with 3.3V power: -250°C to +410°C output (0 to 3.3VDC) as long as the thermocouple can handle that range
Note: The terminal blocks included with your product may be blue or black.
- Sensing Accuracy Range: ± 1°C around room temperature, ± 2°C for −25°C to +400°C, beyond that range see the AN-1087 app note
- Supply Voltage: 3-18VDC
- AD8495 Datasheet
- EagleCAD PCB files on GitHub
- Fritzing object in Adafruit Fritzing Library
- As of May 15, 2023 – we've updated this PCB with Adafruit Pinguin to make a lovely and legible silkscreen - you may get the new PCB or the older version with vector fonts - both are identical other than the fancy silkscreen.
- 20mm x 16mm x 2mm / 0.8" x 0.6" x 0.08"
- Weight: 1.1g
Mouser ElectronicsUnited States
The Pi HutUnited Kingdom
VCTEC KOREASouth Korea
3DMakerWorld, Inc.United States
Digi-Key ElectronicsUnited States
INIKI Electronics Co., LTDTaiwan
Snail InstrumentsCzech Republic
NTREX, Inc.- DevicemartSouth Korea
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.