Assembled Standard LCD 16x2 + extras - White on Blue
Standard HD44780 LCDs are useful for creating standalone projects. This product is similar to our Standard LCD 16x2 display but comes with the header soldered on!
- 16 characters wide, 2 rows
- White text on blue background
- Connection port is 0.1" pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Pins are documented on the back of the LCD to assist in wiring it up
- Single LED backlight included can be dimmed easily with a resistor or PWM and uses much less power than LCD with EL (electroluminescent) backlights
- Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines! (Any analog/digital pins can be used)
- Built in character set supports English/Japanese text, see the HD44780 datasheet for the full character set
- Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or 'foreign' language support
- Comes with necessary contrast potentiometer
For more information, check out our detailed step-by-step tutorial for both Arduino & CircuitPython
- Screen Dimensions: 24mm x 69mm / 0.9" x 2.7"
- We have a datasheet that has dimensions and pin-locations and then a HD44780 datasheet with the detailed commands for control