Assembled Standard LCD 16x2 + extras - White on Blue
Product Images and Video
Standard HD44780 LCDs are useful for creating standalone projects. This product is similar to our Standard LCD 16x2 display but comes with the header soldered on!
- 16 characters wide, 2 rows
- White text on blue background
- Connection port is 0.1" pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Pins are documented on the back of the LCD to assist in wiring it up
- Single LED backlight included can be dimmed easily with a resistor or PWM and uses much less power than LCD with EL (electroluminescent) backlights
- Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines! (Any analog/digital pins can be used)
- Built in character set supports English/Japanese text, see the HD44780 datasheet for the full character set
- Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or 'foreign' language support
- Comes with necessary contrast potentiometer
For more information, check out our detailed step-by-step tutorial for both Arduino & CircuitPython
- Screen Dimensions: 24mm x 69mm / 0.9" x 2.7"
- We have a datasheet that has dimensions and pin-locations and then a HD44780 datasheet with the detailed commands for control