Onion Pi Pack w/Large Antenna - Make a Raspberry Pi B+ Tor Proxy
Product Images and Video
Feel like someone is snooping on you? Browse anonymously anywhere you go with the Onion Pi Tor proxy. Using this pack of parts and a free weekend you can build a project that uses a Raspberry Pi B+, a USB WiFi adapter and Ethernet cable to create a small, low-power and portable privacy Pi.
After it's built, using it is easy-as-pie. First, plug the Ethernet cable into any Internet provider in your home, work, hotel or conference/event. Next, power up the Pi with the 5V 2A Power Supply. The Pi will boot up and create a new secure wireless access point called Onion Pi. Connecting to that access point will automatically route any web browsing from your computer through the anonymizing Tor network.
This pack comes with everything you need, $99 of parts for $85. Each order comes with:
- Raspberry Pi Model B+ 512MB RAM - The freshness. The hot off the press, sell-like-hotcake, credit card sized computer with quad USB ports, improved power supply, and additional GPIO pins.
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ Case - Smoke Base / Clear Top - We think it's the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi Model B+ Case Ever - though our Pi Box Plus is also nothing to scoff at.
- WiFi adapter with antenna - Plenty of range, this will be how you connect to the Pi proxy
- 10 foot Ethernet cable - connect this from your Pi to a router with Internet service
- 5V 2.5A Switching Power Supply w/ 6' MicroUSB Cable - The 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord.
- USB console cable - good for debugging and setting up your Pi when running it without a monitor/keyboard
- 16GB microSD Card with NOOBS 3.1 - the fastest way to have a variety of operating systems on your Pi
You'll still need to set up the access point and Tor software according to our tutorial. This project is best used by people with a little bit of command-line, linux or Raspberry Pi experience. If you've set up a Raspberry Pi B+ and configured it before, this project will be a fun experience. We have tons of tutorials for exploring Raspberry Pi in the Adafruit Learning System
- As of February 13, 2020 this pack now comes with a 16GB SD Card with NOOBS 3.1 instead of 8GB
- As of July 16, 2018 this pack now comes with a 2.5A power supply instead of 2.4A.
- As of March 8, 2018, this now comes with full PIXEL desktop NOOBS 2.4 instead of NOOBS 2.0
- As of Dec 9, 2014 this pack is updated for the Raspberry Pi Model B+