BeagleBone Black - Rev B
Product Images and Video
Adafruit is no longer shipping the BeagleBone Black Rev B, it has been replaced with the Rev C as of 5/12/14 - the Rev C now has 4G flash and also comes with Debian, it also costs slightly more. There are no exchanges or "upgrades" from Rev B to Rev C.
If you liked the BeagleBone, you will love the next gen BeagleBone Black! With a blistering 1GHz processor, 512MB onboard DDR3 RAM, built in 2GB storage with pre-installed Linux operating system (no microSD card required!), and best of all, the addition of a MicroHDMI connector for audio/video output. This is a ultra-powered embedded computer that can fit in a mint tin. Note: Orders placed after March 5, 2014, 11:35am ET were shipped Rev B. Any orders placed before 3/5/2014 were shipped Rev A6A.
Comes with a mini B cable for powering it up ASAP. No microSD card is included as the BBB now has onboard flash storage.
We'll be filling in with more information on supported accessories as we test them for compatibility. For now we suggest picking up a 5V 2A power supply and a micro-HDMI cable. If you want to use it 'head-less', a USB console cable is suggested as the 'Black does not have an onboard USB-to-Serial converter like the original BeagleBone
If you need a nice display to go along with your 'Bone, Check out our fine selection of HDMI displays, we've tested all of them with the Beagle Bone Black
Matt Richardson has created a teaser video!
BeagleBone Black (8:28)
- Processor: Sitara AM3359AZCZ100 1GHz, 2000 MIPS
- Graphics Engine: SGX530 3D, 20M Polygons/S
- SDRAM Memory: 512MB DDR3L 606MHZ
- Onboard Flash: 2GB, 8bit Embedded MMC
- PMIC: TPS65217C PMIC regulator and one additional LDO.
- Debug Support: Optional Onboard 20-pin CTI JTAG, Serial Header
- Power Source: miniUSB USB or DC Jack, 5VDC External Via Expansion Header
- PCB 3.4” x 2.1” 6 layers
- 88.98mm / 3.5" x 54.63mm / 2.1" x 18.84mm / 0.7"
- Indicators 1-Power, 2-Ethernet, 4-User Controllable LEDs
- HiSpeed USB 2.0 Client Port: Access to USB0, Client mode via miniUSB
- HiSpeed USB 2.0 Host Port Access to USB1, Type A Socket, 500mA LS/FS/HS
- Serial Port UART0 access via 6 pin 3.3V TTL Header. Header is populated
- Ethernet 10/100, RJ45
- SD/MMC Connector microSD , 3.3V
- User Input: Reset Button, Boot Button, Power Button
- Video Out: 16b HDMI, 1280x1024 (MAX), 1024x768,1280x720,1440x900 w/EDID Support
- Audio Via HDMI Interface, Stereo
- Expansion Connectors:
- Power 5V, 3.3V , VDD_ADC(1.8V)
- 3.3V I/O on all signals
- McASP0, SPI1, I2C, GPIO(65), LCD, GPMC, MMC1, MMC2, 7 AIN(1.8V MAX), 4 Timers, 3 Serial Ports, CAN0, EHRPWM(0,2),XDMA Interrupt, Power button, Expansion Board ID (Up to 4 can be stacked)
- Weight 1.4 oz (39.80 grams)
For all technical issues, replacement and warranty assistance for the CircuitCo BeagleBone Black contact CircuitCo or email directly: [email protected]