Barcode Reader/Scanner Module - CCD Camera - USB Interface
PRODUCT ID: 1203
Description-Decode nearly any kind of 1D (striped) barcode in your project using this adorable compact barcode scanner. We've looked all over for a small, light, low-power module that can be easily integrated. This OEM scanner has a little camera inside that takes 100 photos per second, instead of using a 'scanning mirror' assembly. This means its less likely to get damaged or out of alignment.
This all in one module is the simplest we could find. On the end is just a USB cable, plug it into any computer (or microcomputer such as BeagleBone, Raspberry Pi, etc) and it will show up as an HID keyboard. When a barcode is scanned, the raw data is decoded, parity-checked and spit out as if they were typed on a keyboard.
Like all barcode scanners, you can do some basic configuration by powering it up and 'scanning' in special barcodes in the manual. For example you can change the delay between 'typed' characters, or what the terminating character, if any, should be. Check the download tab for the printable manual. If you'd like to set up the scanner to be different than the default, print it out on plain white paper and scan each 'configuration' code. The config will be saved to non-volatile memory so you only have to do it once.
This reader will read a wide variety of barcode standards. The most common ones such as CODE39 and UPC are supported out of the box. To enable some of the rarer standards, check the manual as you may have to 'scan configure' to enable it.
Barcode Reader/Scanner Modules (5:00)
- Light Source: Visible Red light 632nm LED
- Depth Of Field: 230mm @ 20mil/0.5mm, PCS90%
- Resolution: 5mil/0.127mm, PCS90%
- Ambient Light: 5000 Lux Max
- Voltage: DC +5V ±5%
- Power Consumption: 80mA
- Reading Indicator: Beeper
- Scan Rate: 100 scans/sec ±10%
- Operating Temp: 0 oC to 50 oC (32 oF to 122 oF)
- Storage Temp: -20 oC to 70 oC (-4 oF to 158 oF)
- Relative Humidity: 20% to 95%(Non-condensing)
- Mechanical Shock: 2000G, 0.7ms, 3 axes
- Interface: USB HID Keyboard
- Cable: Straight 5 ft.
- Connector: MOLEX 11P Pitch 1.25
- Weight: Approx. 0.56 oz(17 g)(w/o cable)
- Dimension: 44 mm W x 30 mm D x 19.2 mm H
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...-
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.