Maxbotix Weather-Resistant Ultrasonic Rangefinder - MB7092 XL-MaxSonar-WRMA1
Product Images and Video
Take your sonar outside - great for all-weather robots! The XL-MaxSonar-WRMA1 ignores smaller targets and only reports the range to target with the largest acoustic return. This is our most advanced weather-resistant sensor designed for target detection and ranging outdoors or in tank or bin applications.
The weather-resistant XL-MaxSonar-WRMA1 is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long-distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
High output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise-free distance readings. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The XL‑MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
MB7092 Data Sheet / Product Information Guide is available here.
- Length: 71.09mm/2.80in
- Width/Height: 43.84mm/1.73in
- Weight: 49.66g/1.75oz
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 10Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Analog Envelope
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67)
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting
- (3/4" National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Additional stability filter rejects occasional anomalous readings
- Detects the largest signal return in the field of view
- Uses the complete dynamic range of the sensor, if no large targets are present the sensor will select the next smallest target in view
- Can be used to range large objects behind small obstructions
- Analog envelope output for easy troubleshooting and signal processing
- Maximum range of 765 cm (300 inches)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
For product support for all Maxbotix products, click here!
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.