Adafruit is currently seeking to add an experienced Employee Resources Assistant to our team. This is a full-time position on site at our Adafruit New York location.
Adafruit Industries LLC was founded in 2005 by MIT engineer Limor "Ladyada" Fried. Her goal was to create the best place online for learning electronics and making the best designed products for makers of all ages and skill levels. Adafruit manufactures many of our own products right here in our NYC factory where we have about 80+ employees.
Employee Resources Assistant (Benefits & Payroll)
- At least 2 years’ experience with Payroll and benefits administration.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management.
- PEO and/or ADP Total Source experience is a plus.
- Experience maintaining the integrity and strict confidentiality of human resource files and records (personnel files, I-9 documentation, tax forms etc.)
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Verify timekeeping and payroll records and consult employees about any discrepancies.
- Maintain proper records of employee attendance and leaves.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy. Comfortable communicating with employees on a day-to-day basis.
- Provides back-up assistance to the Employee Resources Manager and performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation and training sessions for new hires.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite or related software.
- Salary range $25/hr-$30/hr. Bi weekly pay plus performance bonuses
- Medical, Dental and Vision Healthcare
- Commuter Benefits
- 401k with matching
- Sick and Vacation time plus 10+ paid holidays
- PTO for volunteer work, blood donations and COVID testing, vaccinations and more.
- Position is on site at Adafruit's New York location, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- Partial remote work will be considered once the training period has been completed.
If you are interested in this position please send an email with your resume to [email protected]