MAKE’s Raspberry Pi Design Contest is a celebration of the innovation inspired by this affordable single-board computer that’s taking the maker world by storm. Each entry should use the Raspberry Pi as an intrinsic part of the project, but may include other circuitry, software, mechanical, or sculptural parts as needed.
We’ve partnered with MCM to give away over $3,500 worth of prize packages!
The deadline to submit an entry is 11:59pm PT on April 11th.
Pi Projects will be entered into one of the following four categories, and evaluated by a panel of judges using the criteria below.
Pi Project Categories:
- Artistic: Use the physical computing of Raspberry Pi as a component of your music, animation, sound, performance, or art installation.
- Utility: Detail your amazingly useful, day-to-day application for this inexpensive Linux-based computer.
- Education: Show us a compelling idea for how the Pi can be utilized for education, whether in a classroom or a community workshop setting.
- Enclosure: Raspberry Pi are bare PCBs with exposed ports. Do you have a design for a case that’s more clever or cool than all the rest?
Entries will be judged by the following criteria:
- Documentation (30%): Supporting material such as a blog, flickr set of photos, YouTube video, etc.
- Project Success (30%): Did your project achieve its goal?
- Unique Application (40%): Novel use of the Pi.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit, be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Have you tried the new “Adafruit Raspberry Pi Educational Linux Distro” ? It’s our tweaked distribution for teaching electronics using the Raspberry Pi. But wait, there’s more! Try our new Raspberry Pi WebIDE! The easiest way to learn programming on a Raspberry Pi.
We now have Raspberry Pi Model B with 512MB RAM in stock and shipping now!Related
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.