We deployed another rather large update to the Adafruit Learning System late last night and everything went smoothly. Probably the biggest part of the update is our new Related Guides engine. Now, at the bottom of every guide we suggest other guides you might be interested based on a few factors.
The homepage will now cycle through headlines, and the sidebars should offer fresh content every time you come back (so check back often). There were a ton of tweaks and fixes to help make this the most rock solid learning tool on the web. Check out the full change log:
- Ability to have multiple headlines, randomizes which one is displayed
- Related Guides Feature…shows up to 3 random guides derived from the first two listed products associated to the guide being viewed
- Re-order product sidebar. New admin functionality to re-order products that get displayed
- Home Page Popular guides list now shows 6 random guides from a pool of the top 15 guides to keep things fresh.
- Home Page Featured guides list now shows 6 random guides from a pool of all of the featured guides and features to keep things fresh.
User Facing Fixes:
- Fix adding products causing page redirect
- Fix sidebar scrolling layout issue, scrolling up sidebar didn’t align properly
- Fix sidebar from scrolling over sidebar on screens with a small height property
- Adjust alignment of sidebar icon arrows in page views
- Increase padding below each product in the right product sidebar in page views
- Re-generate new product images with new width to match product sidebar width in ALS 2.1, use new images.
- Fix side2 display and alignment issues in chrome and firefox. Still minor layout issues, but much better than before.
Now that we are happy with the look and feel of the Adafruit Learning System we can start working on some cool new updates that we think you will love. Stay tuned!Related