I’ve gone back and spent some time on the Adafruit motor shield library (as well as the Servotimer library, which I seem to be maintaining). Download it here!
- Motor 3 is motor 3 and motor 4 is motor 4. for real! i even fixed the speed problem. Gah!
- Microstepping had some strange bug which i swear was not there. anyways, it wont be ‘hiccuping’ any more if you found that annoying
- Servotimer now compiles all happy for Atmega328P
- All libraries tested working on IDE v13 (out now!)
- motor library works fine on 328P (as far as i can tell)
- http://www.ladyada.net/make/mshield/use.html is more useful, with diagrams and spelled out explanations of how to power things including updated instructions for duemilanove.
Above, a lovely photo by drew & mithi in the process of making a 3d printer. The precise motor control is aided by an opto quadrature encoder disc. Looks like they used the analog inputs to watch for interrupts and wrote some PID controller code. Hopefully they’ll post it up too!Related
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.