There will be a live unboxing with John Park on Wednesday, May 19th at 8 PM ET during ASK AN ENGINEER! Tune in here, or at the Adafruit YouTube channel to join the fun!
ADABOX018: There's No Place Like Home
This ADABOX is all about home projects, with the FunHouse development board. It's powered with an ESP32-S2 WiFi chip that can run CircuitPython or Arduino, so its easy to make Internet-connected sensors. And sensors are plentiful in this box, with lots of home automation-friendly sensor modules that you can plug right into the FunHouse.
Whether it's tracking the environmental temperature and humidity in your laundry room, or notifying you when someone is detected in the kitchen, to sensing when a window was left open, or logging when your cat leaves through the pet door, this ADABOX is designed to make it way easy to make WiFi-connected home automation projects.
A huge thank you to Digi-Key for going above-and-beyond to help support Adafruit over the last year. Digi-Key's support made this box possible, check out the millions of sensors and devices they have stocked at digikey.com that you can use to automate your home!
- Adafruit FunHouse - Home automation made easy, with little or no soldering. Comes with light, pressure, humidity and temperature sensors. Three JST PH plugs allow for quick connection of STEMMA boards that use digital or analog I/O, and a STEMMA QT port for any I2C devices.
- Acrylic Backplate Kit - This clear back-plate attaches to the FunHouse to make wall-mounting easy. Includes some M3 screws to attach with.
- Mini PIR Sensor - Plug into the front of the FunHouse to detect motion
- Infrared Break Beam Sensor - This invisible sensor can quickly detect when something is in between the emitter and receiver, up to 10" apart.
- Ultrasonic Distance Sensor - Measure distances of up to about 3 meters.
- Magnetic Door Sensor - This sensor lets you know when a door, drawer or window has been opened.
- Water Sensor - Keep wet things wet, and dry things dry by detecting when the dry things get wet by accident!
- JST PH 3 Pin Socket Cables - Use these to connect the sensors to your FunHouse board with no soldering
- Extension Jumpers - Plug these into your sensors when you need to get loooooong
- Wire Quick Connects - If you have your own sensors or wires, these quick connects are a handy way to attach two wires with no soldering.
- Yellow Plate and Brick Set - Craft a desk stand with these golden bricks.
- Adafruit IO+ One Year Free - Unlock a full year of Adafruit IO+, with extra feeds and capabilities!