There will be a live unboxing with John Park on Wednesday, October 28th at 8 PM ET during ASK AN ENGINEER! Tune in here, or at the Adafruit YouTube channel to join the fun!
ADABOX016: Pixel Show
With a bit of a mind flip... make a mesmerizing digital sand box or huge spooky eyes for your windowsill. Space out on sensation.... playing your favorite animated GIFs or the latest tweets. Nothing can ever be the same... once you have a Matrix Portal and a 64x32 RGB Matrix display! This WiFi-connectable display is like a little bit of Times Square brought into your home.
A huge thank you to Digi-Key for going above-and-beyond to help support Adafruit over the last few months. Digi-Key's support made this box possible, and we are so excited to see what you will build!
So come up to the ADABOX lab and see what's on the slab. I see you shiver with antici...
- Adafruit Matrix Portal, the star of the show! With a powerful SAMD51 processor, it can easily drive an RGB Matrix display while juggling other tasks. Add in an ESP32 WiFi co-processor and you've got full connectivity. Plugs right into the back of any RGB Matrix, and is powered over USB C.
- 64 x 32 RGB Matrix, over 2000 colorful LEDs - the most LEDs of any ADABOX! Plug it into the Matrix Portal and use our Arduino or CircuitPython libraries to draw and animate.
- LED Diffusion Acrylic - This black acrylic adds some extra diffusion to your LED Matrix project. This material is made of special cast acrylic that makes it perfect for glowy projects.
- Adhesive Squares - This strong and transparent adhesive is perfect for mounting the LED acrylic to the front of your matrix.
- 5V 2.4A Power Supply + USB C adapter - Once you've programmed your matrix, you can power it with this supply for a stand-alone display. If your location doesn't use US plugs, use a low-cost plug adapter.
- Bent Wire Stand - Keep your kit upright while you're working on it with this simple but effective stand.
- M3 Machine Screws - Use 2 on the Matrix Portal to attach power cables. The rest can be used if you want to mount the Matrix using the M3 bosses.
- Face Mask - Stay safe, stay covered!
- Ear Saver - We love these flexible ear savers, they hook onto the loops of a mask behind your head - keeping your delicate ears from chafing.