There will be a live unboxing with John Park on Wednesday, September 25th at 8 PM ET during ASK AN ENGINEER! Tune in here, or at the Adafruit YouTube channel to join the fun!
ADABOX013: THE MONSTER M4SK
This Halloween, you will be the spookiest in town thanks to ADABOX 13! Cat eyes, or monster peepers...The MONSTER M4SK board included in this BOX can be customized with different eyeball and sound effects to bring your costume or cosplay to life. You can wear the M4SK as a set of goggles, or break it apart to have two independent eyes. Pair it with one of the blank masks included for you to decorate, or perhaps outfit a ghost, skeleton or pumpkin decoration!
Thanks to the generous sponsorship and support from Digi-Key this box is chock-full of creative joy. And while this was a scaaaarry ADABOX to work on, we didn't have to fear running out of electronic components or not getting them in time!
- THE MONSTER M4SK - The star of this ADABOX is a double-TFT microcontroller board that will give your costume or mask a pair of beautiful eyes. Features a SAM51 120MHz processor, 8 MB of FLASH, stereo audio out, speaker output, microphone input, 3 selection buttons, STEMMA connectors for digital/analog/I2C and of course two IPS 240x240 TFT displays
- 2 x Plastic Lenses - When placed over the displays, these will both protect the TFT and enhance the eye effect
- Acrylic Cut Lens Holders + Hardware Kit - These cut pieces, when attached with the included nylon screws, hold the plastic lenses in place.
- Elastic Band + Tri-glides - The elastic goes through the M4SK lens holder slots so you can more easily wear it on your head.
- Lithium Polymer Battery - The M4SK can be powered with this battery for portable use, and will recharge it automatically when plugged into USB
- Speaker - Plug into the M4SK to create sound effects
- Microphone + 4 Wire Cable - The microphone can plug into the M4SK for audio input
- 9 Wire Cable - If you like, you can break the nose-bridge from the M4SK and then use this extension cable to keep the eyes electrically connected
- Blank Masks - Use these with the M4SK or on their own. They can even be decorated if you like
- Decoration Kit - Decorate your masks or costume with a paint and glitter kit