Miniature WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module: For Raspberry Pi and more
PRODUCT ID: 814
OUT OF STOCK
Description-Make your Internet of Things device cable-free by adding WiFi. Take advantage of the Raspberry Pi and Beagle Bone's USB port to add a low cost, but high-reliability wireless link. We tried half a dozen modules to find one that works well with the Pi and Bone without the need of recompiling any kernels: its supported by the Bone's Angstrom installation that comes with each Bone as well as the Adafruit Occidentalis distribution. You'll have wireless Internet in 10 minutes! Works great with 802.11b/g/n networks.
If using with a Beagle Bone: Because of the high power required by WiFi, a 5V 2A power adapter is required to power both the Bone and WiFi. Flaky behavior and crashes may result if this is not followed! We have a tutorial for using this module with the Beagle Bone!
If using with a Raspberry Pi: The latest Wheezy distributions support this module out-of-the-box. Also, the Adafruit Occidentalis distribution has support built in. Check out our detailed tutorial for how to set up WiFi networking on the Pi You may find that you need to have a powered hub to use this adapter, so if you're having power flakiness with your Pi, try a hub!
Please note: The WiFi module may look slightly different than above, but all modules shipped are Pi-tested and contain the same chipset and have equivalent performance, the only difference is the plastic shell.
- RTl8192cu Chipset
- Sticks out 8mm (0.3") beyond USB port
- Weight: 2.17g
- Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11n (draft), IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
- Host Interface: High speed USB2.0/1.1 interface
- Data Rate: 802.11n: up to 150Mbps (downlink) and up to 150Mbps (uplink) , 802.11g: 54 / 48 / 36 / 24 / 18/ 12 / 9 / 6 Mbps auto fallback, 802.11b: 11 / 5.5 / 2 / 1 Mbps auto fallback
- Frequency Band: 2.4GHz ISM (Industrial Scientific Medical) Band/li>
- Chipset: Realtek
- RF Frequency: 2412 ~ 2462 MHz (North America), 2412 ~ 2472 MHz (Europe), 2412 ~ 2484 MHz (Japan)
- Radio Channel: 1 ~ 14 channels (Universal Domain Selection)
- Range Coverage: Up to 3 times farther range than 802.11g
- Antenna Type: Integrated Antenna
- Roaming: Full mobility and seamless roaming from cell to cell
- RF Output Power: 13 ~17 dBm (Typical)
- Modulation: 11n: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM with OFDM, 11g: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, OFDM, 11b: DQPSK, DBPSK, DSSS, CCK
- Data Security: 64/128-bit WEP Encryption WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK. TKIP/AES
- Network: Auto-switch to use 802.11n or 802.11g or 802.11b mode
- Supports Ad-Hoc, Infrastructure WLAN network, Wireless roaming, Data rate auto fall-back under noisy environment or longer range distance, Site Survey with Profile function
- Configuration & Management: Plug-and-Play setup and installation, Management Utility supports 2000 / XP/ Vista
- Media Access Control CSMA/CA with ACK
- LED Indicator Link/Active ( Green )
- Operating Temperature 0°C to 40°C
- Storage Temperature -20°C to 75°C
- Operating Humidity 10% ~ 90% (Non Condensing)
- Storage Humidity 5% ~ 95% (Non Condensing)
- Requirements Available USB 2.0 port
We have a tutorial for using this module with the Beagle Bone!
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...-
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.