EL wire welted piping starter pack - Aqua - 5 meters
A little bundle to get you started! This project pack contains:
- 5 meters (over 16 ft) of welted EL wire piping in Aqua. 5 meters is the maximum amount for the pocket driver - it is cut and soldered so it's ready to go!
- Pocket EL inverter runs on 2 AA Alkaline or rechargeable batteries (not included)
- 2 inches of heat shink, both 1/8" and 1/4" for protecting the EL wire after soldering if you end up wanting to change the wire up
- 2 inches of copper tape, used when soldering EL wire
- 2 inches of foam tape, we use this to pad the inside of the inverter to quiet it down
We used EL wire to make our awesome TRON bag
Soldering to EL wire is a little tricky but luckily we wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial! You'll need wire strippers, a soldering iron & solder, copper tape and heat shrink. A third-hand tool is really useful as well.
Please note! EL tape, EL wire and EL panel are made with different processes - the color and brightness will not be consistent between the different types of EL products. The EL tape will not match the EL wire or EL panel exactly, they all will be slightly different colors.
This is a pre-cut, pre-soldered, 500 cm long piece of EL You can plug this right into an inverter and get glowing in seconds, and if you want to do something a little more complex, cut and resolder it as desired. Soldering to EL wire is a little tricky but luckily we wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial! To cut and re-solder EL, you'll need wire strippers, a soldering iron & solder, copper tape and heat shrink. A third-hand tool is really useful as well.