Getting Started with Bluetooth Low Energy by KTOWN
You're interested in what all this BLE stuff is about, anyways? Let Adafruit's lead Engineer, Kevin "KTOWN" Townsend (a.k.a "50 Ohm") guide you in this detailed tome. KTOWN teamed up with Akiba (a.k.a "Wireless EL blinky guy") to throw down all their knowledge in this book. Getting Started with Bluetooth Low Energy: Tools and Techniques for Low-Power Networking by Kevin Townsend, Carles Cufí, Akiba & Robert Davidson is the only BLE book you'll ever need at your side
With Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), smart devices are about to become even smarter. This practical guide demonstrates how this exciting wireless technology helps developers build mobile apps that share data with external hardware, and how hardware engineers can gain easy and reliable access to mobile operating systems.
This book provides a solid, high-level overview of how devices use BLE to communicate with each other. You'll learn useful low-cost tools for developing and testing BLE-enabled mobile apps and embedded fimware and get examples using various development platforms--including iOS and Android for app developers and embedded platforms for product designers and hardware engineers.
- Understand how data is organized and transferred by BLE devices
- Explore BLE's concepts, key limitations, and network topology
- Dig into the protocol stack to grasp how and why BLE operates
- Learn how BLE devices discover each other and establish secure connections
- Set up the tools and infrastructure for BLE application development
- Get examples for connecting BLE to iPhones, iPads, Android devices, and sensors
- Develop code for a simple device that transmits heart rate data to a mobile device
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...-
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.