SmartMatrix SD Shield v3 - for Teensy 3.1
So you have a Teensy 3.1 and a 16x32 RGB LED matrix panel or 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel and you want an easy way to add graphics to your matrix without having to toss aside your Teensy or do too much soldering. Enter the SmartMatrix SD Shield v3 - for Teensy 3.1.
The SmartMatrix shield has 13 I/O pins that larger matrices need to drive the display. It also adds a place to drive an external power supply and conveniently brings out the Teensy's free signals to a header.
As of Monday, June 1st, 2015 we are selling the upgraded SmartMatrix SD Shield version 3.
Upgrades for version 3 include:
- MicroSD card reader
- 5V level shifters for better compatibility with 5V panels
- Expansion port for pins on end of Teensy: A14/DAC, PGM, VBAT
- Improved expansion port pinout, breaking pins out in logical groups
- Changed power connector for lower profile mounting
- Larger female panel connector to avoid off-by-one alignment
- Improved silkscreen labels, now visible when using right-angle connectors
- Replaced shrouded male header with plain double-row male header to make room for larger expansion port
It's a great board for easily expanding your Teensy's capabilities. Comes as a kit of components, but all fairly easy to solder, as it uses all through-hole components. You'll also need to program in your Teensy with the SmartMatrix code available on the project website.
- Dimensions: 49mm x 37mm x 2mm / 1.9" x 1.5" x 0.08"
- Height w/ Components: 15mm / 0.6"
- Weight: 21.5g
- As of Monday, June 1st, 2015 we are selling the upgraded SmartMatrix SD Shield version 3.
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...-
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.