Uzebox Starter Kit
PRODUCT ID: 1291
25 IN STOCK
Description-The Uzebox is a fully open-source, DIY 8-bit game console. It is designed specifically for people who know a little bit of programming to expand into designing and creating their own video games and demos. A full-featured core runs in the background and does all the video and audio processing so that your code stays clean and easy to understand.
This electronic kit comes unassembled: it includes the PCB, pre-programmed chip, and all components including a pre-soldered video chip. All but one of the components are through-hole, so you can build it yourself without difficulty. However, it is a 1-2 hr project and its best to have used your soldering iron before this project.
Each order comes with a full Uzebox kit including all components, an SNES controller, RCA A/V cable and SD card full of awesome games you can start playing immediately. A 9V power supply is also required, you can use one you have at home or pick one up from our shop. You may also want to get an extra SNES controller or an NTSC display. The photos above show a kit with power supply and display attached for demonstration. A video display and 9V adapter are NOT included! To program in new games directly without using the SD card loader, you'll probably want an AVR programmer such as a USBtiny
- Full 256 simultaneous output colors, 240x224 pixel resolution
- Tile & sprite support
- Two player ports for use with Super Nintendo controllers
- NTSC RCA composite and S-video out (PAL not supported at this time)
- 4 channel output mono audio for music and effects
- SD/MMC card support for loading in games over a card
- Built on an Atmel AVR core, 64KB flash and 4KB of RAM
- Write game code in C, using fully open source tools on any platform
Uzebox Starter Kit (3:15)