CadSoft EAGLE Hobbyist PCB Design Software V7
This a license for CadSoft EAGLE Hobbyist PCB Design Software V7. For individual, non-commercial use only.
All Adafruit products are designed with CadSoft EAGLE PCB Design Software, Ladyada has made hundreds of designs with EAGLE! We are pleased to now offer licenses to our community & customers for purchase!
- 99 schematic sheets, 6 signal layers and 160x100 mm routing area 6.4" x 4"
- Layout + Schematic + Autorouter
- 1 User
- Unlimited license period
- Maintenance and support included
The EAGLE Hobbyist license is for hobbyists who do not use EAGLE in a commercial context. The license is for individuals only and not for educational or non-commercial institutions.
It is a single user license that enables all the features of the EAGLE Standard Edition (limited to six signal layers and 160x100mm routing area) with all three modules (Layout+Schematic+Autorouter).
When ordering this special EAGLE Hobbyist license, please fill out and sign this form from CadSoft, in which you declare that you will adhere to the nature of this license, and add this form to your order confirmation. Without this signed form we cannot process your order. Once signed, please email to email@example.com. Please include your Adafruit order number. There are no refunds on software purchases of CadSoft EAGLE, you can download the software at any time to try it out before purchasing a license. Discount codes & promotional free items do not apply to purchases of CadSoft EAGLE licenses.
After you place your order with Adafruit (and send the signed form). We will send you the license for CadSoft EAGLE Hobbyist PCB Design Software V7, all usually within a few hours of purchase. The download(s) are available at any time in the downloads section.
Why CadSoft EAGLE PCB Design Software V7?
Whether you are a team of one, or part of a large engineering department, EAGLE provides quality PCB design software with the features that get the job done. For over 20 years, EAGLE has been satisfying design engineers around the world, by offering the same core functionality as expensive commercial software, at the fraction of the cost.
Easy to learn
- Schematic editor, layout editor, library editor modules with identical user interfaces
- Free service support through dedicated experts
- Compatible with Windows®, Linux®, Mac®
Easy to use
- Flexible User Language Programs (ULPs) enable custom features, such as individual instruction sequences, simulation, data export and import
Export Gerber files that can be used at any board house:
- Gerber 274X & Gerber 274D
- Excellon NC Drill Format
- SM1000 and SM3000
- Custom user-defined export formats
- Online import of product & pricing information through DesignLink
- Active customer forums to share files, libraries ULPs, design tips and more
- Parse and paste your data outside of EAGLE (XML datastructure)
With your purchase of a CadSoft EAGLE PCB Design Software license, we will send you a free CadSoft EAGLE - Skill badge, iron-on patch!
If you're interested in open-source PCB design software check out gEDA and KiCAD.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Linux based on kernel 2.6 for Intel computers, X11 with a minimum color depth of 8 bpp, 32-bit runtime environment with the following libraries: libpng14.so.14, libssl.so.1.0.0, libcrypto.so.1.0.0, libjpeg.so.8
- Mac OS X version 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8 for Intel computer. Support for 10.9 is being worked on.
EAGLE available for Linux®, Mac® and Windows®
Download tutorial guides to various versions of EAGLE to learn how to use its powerful features more effectively
- v7 English Tutorial (PDF)
- v7 Introduction of the EAGLE Control Panel (PDF)
- V7 Create a project and start drawing schematics (PDF)