MakerBot Adafruit Edition
PRODUCT ID: 1292
OUT OF STOCK
Description-Adafruit has teamed up with our friends over at MakerBot to offer the MakerBot Adafruit Edition. The talented members of the Adafruit community are exploring 3D printed solutions for their inventions, electronics enclosures, mounting hardware, and artwork, so we have bundled a MakerBot Replicator 2™ desktop 3D printer with three of our more popular DIY electronics projects. After you've built your kits use your new MakerBot to print out the kit enclosures!
This MakerBot includes a special limited edition MakerBot + Adafruit build plate and a 3d printing for electronics pack! Please note, MakerBot Adafruit edition includes a Raspberry Pi, the "free Pi" with purchase over $350 does not apply to this product.
The Replicator 2™ is MakerBot’s fourth generation machine, and represents a tremendous leap forward in ease of use, resolution, and build volume over previous models. With a resolution capability of 100 microns and a massive 410 cubic inch build volume, MakerBot proposes that its Replicator™ 2 Desktop 3D Printer is the “easiest, fastest, and most affordable tool for making professional quality models. We set a new standard with our work, so that you can set a new standard with yours.” Includes a 1 lb spool of Natural PLA filament.
The included Adafruit 3D printing for electronics pack contains:
MintyBoost Kit - V3.0: The world's first and only open-source hardware charger: The MintyBoost®! Make your own iPod/iPhone/GPS/etc... battery-pack and recharger! - print your own Rolling MintyBoost Enclosure V2.
Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB RAM - The Raspberry Pi® is a single-board computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of stimulating the teaching of basic computer science in schools. The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. The design is based around a Broadcom BCM2835 SoC, which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, and 128 or 256 Megabytes of RAM. The design does not include a built-in hard disk or solid-state drive, instead relying on an SD card for booting and long-term storage. This board is intended to run Linux kernel based operating systems. Print your own - Pi Command Center!.
TIMESQUARE DIY Watch Kit - Red Display Matrix: Show up stylish AND on time to any event with this awesome looking DIY watch. We have a few watch kits here at Adafruit but we finally have one that looks good and fits well, even for ladies and kids and others with smaller wrists and hands. Its got a 8x8 bit matrix display and a repurposed silicone watch band for a professional look. Print your own Timesquare Watch Body: Circling the Square! - tutorial at the Adafruit learning system.
MakerBot Adafruit Edition (2:40)
Technical Details+PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
- Without Spool: 19.1 x 12.8 x 14.7 in [49 x 32 x 38 cm]
- With Spool: 19.1 x 16.5 x 14.7 in [49 x 42 x 38 cm]
- Shipping Box: 23 x 21.5 x 17 in [59 x 55 x 43 cm]
- Weight: 25.4 lbs [11.5 kg]
- Shipping Weight: 37.0 lbs [16.8 kg]
- Ambient Operation Temperature: 15°—32° C [60°—90° F]
- Storage Temperature: 0°—32° C [32°—90° F]
- AC Input: 100—240V, ~2 amps,50—60 Hz
- Power Requirements: 24V DC @ 6.25 amps
- Connectivity: USB, SDcard [included]
- Chassis: Powder coated steel
- Body: PVC Panels
- Build Platform: Acrylic
- XYZ Bearings: Wear-resistant, oil-infused bronze
- Stepper Motors: 1.8° step angle with 1/16 micro-stepping
- Print Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication
- Build Volume: 11.2 L x 6.0 W x 6.1 H in [28.5 x 15.3 x 15.5 cm]
- Layer Resolution Settings:
- High 100 microns [0.0039 in]
- Medium 270 microns [0.0106 in]
- Low 340 microns [0.0133 in]
- Positioning Precision: XY: 11 microns [0.0004 in]
- Z: 2.5 microns [0.0001 in]
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm [0.069 in]
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm [0.015 in]
- Software Bundle: MakerWare™ Bundle 1.0.2
- File Types: .stl, .obj, .thing
- Supported OSs:
- Windows (XP/7)
- Ubuntu Linux (10.04+)
- Mac OS X (10.6+)
MakerBot offers a number of great resources for their Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printers, including the product's support site, feature list, brochure, user manual.
We offer Adafruit Learning System tutorials for our 3D Printing for Electronics Kit, including:
Build your own TIMESQUARE Watch Kit.
Build your Minty Boost Small battery-powered USB charger.
Create dozens of projects with your Raspberry Pi.
And here's a great place to learn how to design a custom enclosure of your own! 3D Printed Watch Body for the TIMESQUARE DIY Watch Kit.
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...
MAY WE ALSO SUGGEST...-
See our Distributors page for a complete list of distributors.