at Zero Point in Fort Bragg /Southern Pines, NC
Summary of Position
Analyze, construct and maintain devices based on detailed technical intelligence reports and/or reverse engineering of actual hardware, firmware and software. Support the operation and testing of these devices in both laboratory and field conditions.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 1 year of hardware design experience
- Current or eligible for a TOP SECRET clearance with SCI access
- U.S. Citizenship
- Perform radio frequency (RF), digital and analog electronic circuit and software analysis to determine device theory of operation, functionality and technical characteristics.
- Non-destructive examination to identify components and circuit schematics and to obtain any embedded firmware and software.
- Prepare schematics and bill of material for device construction.
- Design printed wiring boards (PWBs) for device construction.
- Perform limited mechanical design for device housings.
- Replicate and/or modify firmware and software as required.
- Order and receive all materials necessary for device construction.
- Build, integrate, test, maintain and modify devices.
- Accurately enter characteristics and specifications of devices into databases for further analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge and experience in the design and construction of radio frequency (RF), digital and analog electronic circuits and assemblies.
- Knowledge and experience in the design of microcontroller (e.g. PIC) software and firmware and familiarity with microcontroller design environments.
- Proficient with computer aided design (CAD) tools for schematic capture and printed wiring board layout.
- Proficient in circuit board construction and repair, including excellent soldering skills.
- Proficient in light mechanical assembly using hand and simple power tools.
- Proficient with electrical and electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, function generators, pulse generators and basic shop equipment.
- Proficient with RF testing equipment including spectrum analyzers, signal generators and basic RF components such as couplers, combiners, attenuators, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.