at Inventables in Chicago, US
We’re looking for a few remarkable software engineers to join our small team and help us realize our mission. It will be your job to build software that will make it possible for people to collaborate on building physical things with digital tools. Think Github for physical things. Inventables is building its reputation as the place you go when you want to use digital fabrication tools to design and manufacture a product.
How We Work
We have a culture that makes time for innovation: every Friday is “Free Point Friday” where the technical team works on what they think is most important – no questions asked. Check out Cohortly and Oneth1ng for just a couple examples of things we’ve built on Free Point Friday.
We’re looking for someone who wants to work in a VC-funded startup that was formerly bootstrapped. You have a passion for web development, are self-motivated, and enjoy working in a user-focused, highly intelligent, entrepreneurial environment. We look for aptitude, not experience, but you probably have experience working with dynamic languages, are ruthless about testing and refactoring, and bring superior skills in the following areas:
- Ruby, Rails
- Object-oriented programming
- BDD/TDD, Agile practices
- Pair programming
- Linux server/stack administration (Apache, MySQL, Postfix, etc)
- The chance to help build a technical team
- The chance to have a big impact on building a successful startup
- Competitive salary based on experience
- BC/BS Health Insurance $500 deductible 100% coverage at no additional cost to you (coverage for spouse/family available at an additional cost)
- Options Program
- Bonus Program (paid out monthly)
- 401k program with 4% contribution match
- Exploration budget – to keep you creative
- Free Point Friday (Work on what YOU think is important)
- Tell us the tools you need – Mac or PC and software
- Young, fast-paced work environment
How To Apply
Send an email to [email protected] including the following information:
- Your name
- Your resume
- A link to one software project you built along with a short description of what the software does and what your specific contributions were to it
- A paragraph about why you want to join our team
Attention recruiters: Inventables, Inc. does not accept candidates through recruiting agencies. Please do not call our office or forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Inventables, Inc. Inventables, Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How Our Interview Process Works
These are the steps we’ll follow in interviewing candidates. After each step, we’ll make a decision as to whether or not to move forward with the next step.
- You kick it off with the email above
- We’ll set up a short phone call so we can learn more about each other
- You’ll complete a small coding challenge to demonstrate your engineering work style
- We’ll invite you to pair program with us
- You’ll come to our offices for an interview
- We’ll invite you to lunch with our team
- We’ll extend an offer to you
- Honesty and integrity: We are honest with each other, vendors, customers, and honest with ourselves. We acknowledge things as they are, not as we wish them to be.
- A commitment to rational thinking: Decisions are based on logic and reason instead of emotions or intuition.
- Responsibility: We take ownership over the outcome. We share the entrepreneurial spirit and play to win.
- Excellence: As individuals, we have higher expectations for ourselves than Inventables has for us. We are committed to personal excellence and self improvement.
- Curiosity: We are curious people who are always learning about new things and investigating new areas: everything from buying novel products at the grocery store to exploring new information technology.