Atmel AVR USB Firmware Developer
at nu desine in Bristol, UK
nu desine is hiring a firmware programmer on a contract basis. We are a young start-up working on novel interface for music creation.
Your task would be to bring our current prototype firmware up to a consumer ready state by the end of October.
We have a functional base to start from and a fixed and well defined specification. Deliverables will include a working MIDI and HID composite USB device firmware on our current AVR based prototype.
You will be working closely with our electronic and software engineers to fledge out the details of the communication protocol to turn sensor input into instrument and effect controlling data. You will also need to port MIDI functionality currently implemented in computer software to the 8-bit AVR architecture.
We are an enthusiastic engineering driven company working from the city center in Bristol. This is a contract opportunity with a strong likelihood of further work in the future.
- Experience programming 8-bit micro-controllers in C or C++.
- A good understanding of the USB, HID and MIDI specifications.
- Desire to work with music and computer human interfaces.
- Experience working with Atmel AVRs.
- Experience working with the LUFA USB stack.