at Bug Labs in New York
Build. Connect. Share. Bug Labs is a high-tech start up in New York City (www.buglabs.net). We’ve created the BUG. The BUG is a collection of easy-to-use, open source hardware modules, each capable of producing one or more Web services. These modules snap together physically and the services connect together logically to enable users to easily build, program and share innovative devices and applications. With BUG, businesses take advantage of a complete, integrated device development environment, enabling them to produce a proof-of-concept with a rich ecosystem of hardware, software and web services. Imagine being able to ramp from prototype to production faster and more affordably than ever before.
You are an experienced Test Engineer with proven experience testing and debugging API’s and Applications. You know some Java. You’re familiar with Linux. You have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle and can describe issues encountered and resolved. You see the value in and, equally important, understand the QA process, cycle, and tools. You aren’t afraid to tackle tasks out of your skill set, in fact you thrive when given the opportunity. You will help define and own project functionality and quality. You are technically inclined, curious, a strong problem solver, highly organized and detail-oriented, and have strong communication skills. You also have a sense of humor and people enjoy being around you.
BUG is a unique and evolving product – and it might just be the type of thing you do for fun. In addition to helping create a quality product you can be proud of, you will also help shape our functionality and direction. You will encounter new problems everyday, you will be hacking, and you will be working closely with our development team.
Some Responsibilities you will have :
- You will own Software Development Kit testing projects
- Develop and execute test sets for our Eclipse-based SDK
- Testing activities in Java API’s, OSGi framework and BUG Hardware
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to develop a comprehensive set of tests
- Work with users to reproduce defects and log proper defect reports, collaborate with engineers to validate and get’em fixed
- Analyze failed tests and manage defects using the defect reporting tool
- Work with open source communities and external individuals to identify and classify external defects
- Write the glue needed to automate tests
Your Skills and Background: 3 or more years in a Test/QA role, exposure to writing test cases, and familiarity with Linux wanted. We looking forward to learning more about you. Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.