I've been struggling with this for a while (more hours that I care to think about). I keep getting unrecognized USB device, etc.
Note: I've read just about every post here, and while I'm not a Windows device driver expert, I am an expert user.
I uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.
In desperation I went over to Linux, and in spite of avrdude warning/errors, it seemed to program ok.
I had trouble getting permissions to work using the instructions on the USBTiny linux page, and so I dug deep into the
mysterious world of udevadm info
What I found out was interesting, and led me to try an experiment on windows: I was trying to match for USBTiny, and the device was actually reporting itself as Trinket!
So, back to windows (8.1) and I edited the INF file from this thread to replace USBTiny with Trinket, threw out the security catalog, and installed in "ignore drivers signature mode" and...
IT WORKED! (much celebration!) so... you really might want to try this, and if it works for you (adafruit) It would probably be good to release a new signed package.
I think my particular version of Windows 8.1 was trying to match both the vendor/product IDs and the name and was getting confused. Having previously installed a USBTiny (actual) may have added to windows problems.
- Rename to Trinket.inf
- (7.95 KiB) Downloaded 13 times