I just mounted the v1.1 Wave Shield onto the Freeduino board that I put together in one of the famous NYC Resistor classes
I then did the following:
1) formatted 2GB SD card using the format utility recommended on the Ada site
2) uploaded one of the 16khz sample WAV files recommended by the Ada site to the SD card
3) put the SD card in the Wave Shield's SD card holder
4) plugged in a pair of computer speakers to the Wave Shield (also tried over-the-ear headphones)
5) plugged in the USB cord to the Freeduino board
6) successfully uploaded the daphc.pde and the SdReadTest.pde sketch via USB cord
Neither of the sketches produce anything. No sound is coming out of the speakers/headphones and no messages (error or otherwise) are displayed in the Arduino software. I'm using Arduino software v1.0.4 which is set to Board: Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328. I've confirmed that the Freeduino runs the Blink example sketch flawlessly.
Any ideas on what might be wrong? I've attached pictures- please let me know what else I can provide.
Does the Wave Shield require more power than it's currently getting from just the USB cord?
Thanks in advance for all help!