i'm pretty new to Arduino stuff and just bought the Motor Shield. I was wondering how to use the unused Pins for Sensors. I would like to connect some Sensors. Atm. i only want to use 2 DC Motors and nothing else with the Motor Shield.
So if i understand the manual correct, the following PIN's are unused:
- All 6 analog input pins are available.
- Digital pin 2, and 13 are not used.
- Digital pin 5: DC Motor #3 / Stepper #2 (activation/speed control)
- Digital pin 6: DC Motor #4 / Stepper #2 (activation/speed control)
- Digitals pin 9: Servo #1 control
- Digital pin 10: Servo #2 control
So i do have have 6 analog and 6 Digital Pins are available to me, correct?
So how do i use those Pins? I noticed, that all Arduino Pins are connected to the Motor Shield, and that next to the connecting Pin's there is another row of unused "holes"
Is each of these holes connected to the corresponding Pin? So can i just use those holes to solder in some male headers and use them to connect Sensors?
I notices 2 more rows of holes, 6 holes each. Is it correct that one Row is connected to 5V and the other Row to GND?
THanks a lot Dennis