I was following the instructions on the getting start with flora page, and had problems with getting it detected on my mac (10.8.2). No x.usbmodem.x entry show up on the Tools menu (just two Bluetooth ones), and nothing special listed on /dev/tty*.
I tried installing newer FTDI drivers and they are loaded but nothing new shows up. If anything, the entry /dev/ttys002 got a new timestamp when I reloaded the FTDI driver.
The green light is on (steady) and the red one is blinking. What else am I missing?
Update: I also tried using the regular Arduino ide on ubuntu and copied board.text and the flora variants dir into the arduino ide's dir. Serial Port from the tools menu is disabled and when running lsusb, I don't get my device listed.
@sanju_gem: I tried this on windows 8 as well at device manager kept crashing when i would connect the flora and click the scan for new devices button. Didn't post it here since it might have been my windows 8 install. It's weird not seeing it listed under lsusb or anything!
Some more debugging on a mac (10.8.2) to see if the same problem of no device being recognized in ubuntu (using the lsusb command).
First I ran this command that would list all devices (I didn't want to use the hardware type utility since it's harder to diff info): $ system_profiler SPUSBDataType > normal Then I plugged the flora in and waited for a few seconds. Then ran a similar command $ system_profiler SPUSBDataType > after Then I diffed the two $ diff normal after No output, so nothing different...and no new device detected on a mac.
@fredfredburger - Try different USB cables and USB ports on your computer. If that doesn't help, try attaching the Flora through a powered USB hub. Since you're running 10.8, I'll assume you have a newer Mac with USB 3.0 ports. We've been seeing some scattered problems with USB 3.0. Sometimes using a powered hub helps with that. In any case, there is a wide range of quality in seemingly identical USB cables. Communication problems are often cured by switching to a different cable.
So I tried it with the powered usb hub (with usb 2.0 ports). USB prober could recognize the hub with 4 ports, but when I would connect the flora to the hub, the status of that port wouldn't change from not-responding to something normal.