I just assembled my USBtinyISP and am planning to use it to program an ATtiny84. To test it, I first connected my Arduino Uno to my computer and uploaded Blink onto the board. Set it for COM5, and it works.
Then I connected my USBtinyISP. My computer recognized it (I installed all the drivers already), but now COM5 has disappeared. The only option given was COM1, which is my mouse. Figure I'd try it anyway, of course doesn't work.Could you help me figure out how to get my USBtinyISP recognized by the Arduino IDE?
All my code is already in the Arduino IDE and I spent a long time learning how to program in this platform (not to mention I have a tight deadline now), so I'd really prefer not to do this through the command line (which would require a few days to learn) if I can avoid it.
1) This was a full kit purchased directly from Adafruit.
2) I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit on a Dell 6320 laptop.
3) Arduino 1.0.1 IDE, programming an Arduino Uno (and later an ATtiny84)
4) The USBtinyISP has not worked yet, though the Green and Red LEDs do work (I used to get a Red LED pulse when I clicked "Upload", but the IDE would return an error and the Red LED would turn off)
5) Here is the IDE error I'm getting:
I ran this off of COM1 (my mouse) because COM5 (what should be the USB port) isn't recognizing the USBtinyISP.
Here are two snapshots of the top and bottom of the assembly. R4 & R7 are shorted.
Thanks in advance for your help!