Recently my laptop's power supply adapter internally shorted out for no reason. I was saved my the main's fuse and circuit breaker. Had to get a new adapter. I reckon there's always chance the same thing could happen with the Mintyboost's regulator someday. So is it safe to directly connect the batteries to the regulator?
No, I am not worried about the output overloading. What if the input terminals somehow short out? Is there no possibility of that ever happening? Because if it does then the wires and batteries along with holder will all melt. I just want to make sure its perfectly safe without a fuse.
What if the input terminals somehow short out? Is there no possibility of that ever happening?
Rattling around in a min-tin it could certainly short-out. But if you are careful in packaging it, there should be no problem. Double-sided foam-tape is a good insulator and will hold the circuit-board tenaciously.