PaintYourDragon is back with another gorgeous laser-cut masterpiece. This time he’s taken a pass at updating the classic Adafruit Pi Box for the Raspberry Pi Model B+.
Keep your Raspberry Pi® Model B+ computer safe and sound in this lovely clear acrylic enclosure. We designed this case to be beautiful, easy to assemble and perfect for any use (but especially for those who want to tinker!) This enclosure is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi Model A or B
The case comes as 6 pieces that slide together and secure with four screws. Made of crystal-clear acrylic, this case keeps the Pi secure, has a hinged top for connector access, and even has little feet cut into the sides so that it stands up above your desk. You can use all of the connectors on the edges of the Pi: HDMI, Audio/Video, microSD slot, micro USB power, Ethernet and the 4 USB ports. There’s also a cut out to allow a 40-pin IDC cable to the GPIO breakout pins on the Pi and pass it though the case. For more advanced hacking, the enclosure is designed so that you can lift or remove the top piece and plug any sort of cables you wish into the breakouts in the middle. The case is airy enough that no additional vents or cooling is required – we tested the enclosed Pi over a 24 hour period at full load with no significant increase in temperature.
Be sure to check out more of our awesome Raspberry Pi accessories including:
- Bare 4 GB SD card – you'll need this to load the Debian image and is not included in a Pi computer purchase. Tested and works perfectly! We also have a wide range of pre-burned SD cars
- 5V @ 1 Amp USB power supply – you'll need this to power the Pi using a Micro USB cable. Tested and works perfectly!
- Micro USB cable – required to power the Pi and is not included in a Pi computer purchase
- HDMI cable – required to connect a Pi to a monitor and is not included in a Pi computer purchase
- Ethernet cable – required if you want to connect your Pi to the Internet via a router
- Keyboards and Mice – We have a range of wired and wireless options
- A wide range of accessories and essentials
- Various small displays as well as nice Pi-compatible HDMI monitors in a range of sizes, from 2.5" to 10"
This product comes with the 6 acrylic pieces and assembly hardware. Raspberry Pi computer is not included. No other cables or connectors or accessories are included.Related
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.