Congrats to jverhagen for completing your first project and sharing about it in the
Many thanks to the Adafruit team for excellent libraries and others on this board for posting excellent questions. I was able to resolve any problem I came across through research. With this site and well as a few others I was able complete this project on spare time, less family and job constraints, in about 8 weeks. This project was started because I needed a way to log the min/max temperatures in the green house to see if any additional cooling was required. It kind morphed into something bigger.
- easy reading of the display in sunlight,
- show past temperatures with date and time
- record the temperatures/humidity in x minute intervals
The following items were purchased to make it happen.
- Blue Character OLED 16×2, ID:823
- AM2302 (wired DHT22) temperature-humidity sensor, ID:393
- GA1A12S202 Log-scale Analog Light Sensor, ID:1384
- BMP180 Barometric Pressure/Temperature/Altitude Sensor- 5V ready, ID:1603
- Adafruit Assembled Data Logging shield for Arduino, ID:1141
- White Enclosure for Arduino – Electronics enclosure (1.0), ID:271
- 3 Capacitors 100nf for hardware de-bouncing
- 3 10K resistors
- 3 Push Buttons
Featured Adafruit Product!
Adafruit Assembled Data Logging shield for Arduino: Here’s a handy Arduino shield: we’ve had a lot of people looking for a dedicated and well-designed data logging shield. We worked hard to engineer an inexpensive but well-rounded design. Not only is it easy to assemble and customize, it also comes with great documentation and libraries. New! we now are carrying an ‘assembled’ version of this shield, with all the components pre-soldered. NOTE: You will only need to solder on either plain 0.1″ headers (included) or stacking headers (not include) to attach to your ‘duino. (read more)Related
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.