Instructables user andyjagoe posted up this great tutorial for making your own digital photo frame using Raspberry Pi. This would make a great housewarming gift!
The goal of this project was to create a low cost Raspberry Pi Media Panel–a nice looking screen that could stand in the living room or attach to the refrigerator with the primary purpose of streaming personal photo and video content full time, but also be able to do some other cool things when needed…like show the weather, play a movie, play music, or receive AirPlay content.
Read this blog post if you want to learn more about what a media panel is and why you might want one.
Success criteria were:
- Low cost: a full blown computing device and screen for between $100 and $200 all in
- Attractive: meaning my wife finds it aesthetically acceptable for the living room
- Light: no more than a few pounds
- Thin: no more than an inch thick, including frame
- Quick: can be built in a few hours or less
- Simple: requiring mainly assembly, versus construction or manufacturing
See the full tutorial here.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.