Sure, dragons are supposedly mythical creatures – but just look at this cosplay! I’m convinced Instructables user BreannaC is actually a dragon because it’s too good. She based the design on Ysera from World of Warcraft and spent three months assembling the beast of an outfit piece by piece. It took her six hours just to put on the entire ensemble and apply makeup. She said the most time consuming part of bringing the costume to life was building the face prosthetics, and she lays out the details and provides specifics on products used.
These are just a few steps of making the prosthetics:
1. Measure your forehead and create a paper stencil for the area of the prosthetic (Or build it on a facecast of yourself). Trace the stencil onto foam board and sculpt your prosthetic. I used Monster Clay for sculpting
2. Create a box around your sculpt.
3. Pour PlatSil 73-25 into your box to make the mould.
4. Remove the mould from the box.
– Coat the mould with a release agent, like Vaseline.
– Brush on 2 thin layers of cap plastic, like Super Baldiez
– pour in PlatSil Gel-00 silicone rubber – I mixed in some silicone pigment so that my prosthetics would be green.
– Brush on 2 more thin layers of cap plastic
More details on the build at the below link.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.